Designing Layouts: The New Superpowers of CSS
Everything about web page layout is about to change. A plethora of new CSS properties for layout is about to give us super powers for building web pages. It’s as big a change as when we left behind tables for CSS—maybe bigger. There is an incredible amount to learn, including entirely new concepts of layout behavior.
Want a head-start? Join Jen Simmons as she walks you through the most important new CSS properties. And shows you how to combine them into real-world usecases.
* Learn how to write the code for CSS Grid, Flexbox, Shapes, Multicolumn, and more.
* Gain a new and powerful toolset for page design.
* Learn a process that simplifies the complexity and allows you to get to the matter at hand.
* See concrete examples of innovative layouts.
* Leave with a vision of what’s newly possible and where the industry is going.
This full-day learning experience is for anyone who has a hand in designing or developing web pages: product managers, graphic designers, interface designers, experience designers, and front-end designer/developers.
You may already be proficient at CSS, and want to learn the new code. Perhaps you do not know CSS, and would like to learn some. Maybe you don’t really want to learn CSS, but you want to understand the new possibilities, so you can better direct the design process. If any of these situations sound familiar, this day is absolutely for you.
UX BurlingtonJun 8, 2017 to Jun 9, 2017
An Event Apart BostonMay 15, 2017 to May 17, 2017
CSS Layout Club March All Day Workshop
Mar 25, 2017
The New York Times
Mar 15, 2017
An Event Apart San FranciscoOct 31, 2016 to Nov 2, 2016
Design & Content ConferenceJul 20, 2016 to Jul 22, 2016